Friday 2 October 2009

Board decoration.


With up to 7 different layers of various papers and much sanding the main decoration of the boards is nearly complete. Now all I have to do is control the warping in the boards by countering with pulling papers to the inside of the board. The spine has also been sanded to complete the faded or worn elegance look that I am after.



Detail of the spine are. The leather was a deep red before I dyed it black, when sanded the original colour comes through, just as I had hoped for. When working in a free hand sort of way sometimes the unexpected happens and happens well. I may sand some areas of the spine a little more to emphasise the contours in the leather.



Detail of the various colours coming through from the sanding..... which has taken more time than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment